Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hardrock 100

2015 was a slow season of racing. I only did 2 5k races- 3rd in each local race and a 12 hour mountain bike race. My biggest event was climbing Denali. It was an amazing experience and something I have always wanted to do. I remember when I was a youngster dreaming of climbing the "high one" and began to collect gear when I turned 18. My brother and I named our expedition DAMSON and began training during the winter by hiking 14ers and hauling 50 lb packs up Bear Peak. We summited in 9 days. I hope to be able to have the time to capture it all in writing. It was absolutely beautiful. I was selected to run the 2016 Hardrock 100. That has also been a dream of mine since I began running 8 years ago. I only had 16 tickets, so it is a miracle that I got in. I am busy training and setting up my racing schedule So far I have: Grand Traverse Quad Rock Dirty Thirty Hardrock 100

No comments:

Post a Comment